Neptec 3DRi Software Development Toolkit
3DRi (3D Real-time intelligence) is a collection of highly efficient algorithms and software to extract actionable information from 3D sensor data in real-time and from moving platforms.
This technology when combined with Neptec’s OPAL sensors, allows a machine or system to perceive its environment, automatically recognize changes, and identify and track objects (e.g. obstacles) in real-time and while moving.
The 3DRi tool kit makes it easy to develop, integrate and support intelligent perception systems for various machine automation and industrial applications. Real-time features such as automatic change detection, object recognition and tracking, or automatic scan alignment are all available to the Application Developer as simple, robust function calls.
Together with their OPAL 2.0 sensors, these “building blocks” make it easy to cost-effectively build and maintain advanced real-time machine vision applications.
Neptec 3DRI Datasheet
|Typical System||Advanced System|
|Operating System: Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit) Ubuntu Linux 11.10 (32 or 64 bit)||Operating System: Windows 7 (64 bit) Ubuntu Linux 11.10 (32 or 64 bit)|
|Memory: 4 GB||Memory: 8 GB|
|Disk Space: 10 MB free for program & plugins. 100 GB free for scan data and projects.||Disk Space: 30 MB free for program and plugins. 500 GB free for scan data and projects.|
|Interfaces: Ethernet 10/100, USB 2.0||Interfaces: Ethernet 10/100, USB 2.0|
|Processor: Intel i3 dual-core, 2.13 MHzHz||Processor: Intel i7 quad core, 3.96 MHz|
|Graphics: OpenGL Accelerated Graphics, Nvidia GeForce Series recommended.||Graphics: OpenGL Accelerated Graphics, Nvidia GeForce Series recommended.|
- Easy to integrate intelligent machine vision solutions using “out-of-the-box” functions like automatic scan alignment, segmentation, feature extraction, object tracking and change detection
- Operates in real-time and from moving vehicles
- Robust, proven algorithms suitable for mission-critical applications
- Simplified architecture – no need for data fusion from multiple sensor technologies
- Reduced integration complexity and cost – no need to write and integrate custom dilogarithm to manipulate huge 3D point clouds
- Focus on defining the machine behavior, not on how to process vast amounts of 3D data
- Uniform system manager to manage up to four (4) OPAL laser scanners and 3DRi components