COMPACT 8-SEGMENT LIDAR SENSOR MODULE
The first module developed on the advanced LeddarVu platform, Vu8 leverages powerful class-1 laser illumination and 8 independent active detection elements into a single sensor, resulting in rapid, continuous and accurate detection and ranging of objects — including lateral discrimination — in the entire wide beam, without any moving parts. Detecting targets up to 215 m and weighing only 75 grams, the Vu8 uses a fixed laser light source, which significantly increases the sensor’s robustness and cost-efficiency compared to any scanning LiDAR solution.
Vu8’s source assembly combines the IR Laser emitter with a dominant wavelength of 905 nm and diffractive optics, providing a wide illumination beam which is available in three horizontal (16°, 48° and 99°) and two vertical (0,3° and 3°) field of view options (2° vertical on the 16° horizontal FOV). The receiver assembly includes 8 independent detection elements with simultaneous multi-object measurement capabilities and hosts the powerful Leddar signal processing algorithms. Vu8’s carrier board hosts the electrical and communication interface of the module. Two interface configurations are available: SPI or USB-CAN-Serial (UART/RS-485).
The module comes with the Leddar Enabler SDK, which provides a user-friendly application programming interface (API) with .Net and C libraries, complete with code examples.
- Detection range up to 215 m (≈ 700 ft)*
- Compact and lightweight (≈ 75 g)*
- 8 independent segments with simultaneous acquisition and lateral discrimination capabilities
- 16°, 48° and 99° beam width options, for optimized field of view
- Rapid refresh rate up to 100 Hz
- Immune to ambient light
- No moving parts, for ultimate robustness
- Easy to integrate, includes Leddar Enabler SDK
- Based on the modular LeddarVu platform for flexible integration and customization
- Best cost/performance ratio
*Range and form factor may vary depending on the optics configuration. See the product spec sheet or the table below for all available configurations.