LeddarTech IS16 Industrial Sensor
Industrial applications can be particularly challenging for some sensing technologies, which may be significantly affected by their environment. Specially designed for the industrial market, the Leddar IS16 is a robust, smart sensor that delivers consistent performance and reliability in the harshest conditions.
The IS16 Multi-Element Industrial Sensor has no moving parts and is encased in a weather-resistant enclosure. Its measurements remain unaffected by vibrations, dust, lighting conditions, or temperature variations. It is also perfectly suited to outdoor applications.
Leddar IS16 Datasheet
- 16 independent segments with simultaneous acquisition and lateral discrimination capabilities
- 45° beam, for an optimized field of view
- 0 to 50 m detection range (165 ft.)
- Rapid data acquisition time up to 50 Hz
- An LCD display for configuring and monitoring ongoing operations
- Proven reliability, even in harsh conditions
- Immune to ambient light
- IP67 weather-resistant enclosure
- No moving parts, for ultimate robustness
- Low power consumption
- Best cost/performance ratio
Presence Detection Mode
The IS16 integrates a Presence Detection Mode where the PNP/NPN outputs can be set to indicate the presence of objects within the configured detection zones (two zones, one per output). With the Teach Configuration feature, the sensor uses the perimeter of its surroundings as a detection zone. In Quick Mode, a near limit and a far limit are set to quickly define zones. Alternatively, zones can also be configured manually in Advanced Mode where near and far limts can be set for each segment, and unwanted segments can be deactivated.
Raw Measurements Mode
The IS16 provides the capabilities to acquire all measurements, from all segments—in real time—through the RS-485 link. Each measurement provides the distance of the detected object, the index of the segment it was detected in, and the intensity of the measurement (indication of how much light was reflected off the object and captured by the sensor).