NovAtel Waypoint® Post-Processing
Waypoint® Post-Processing Software
GNSS post-processing offers many advantages over a real-time operation. Precise real-time GNSS using RTK requires a robust data link for GNSS corrections data. If a real-time solution is not required, the raw GNSS measurement data can be collected in the field and processed post-mission to provide a precise position and velocity solution.
Post-processing allows for simplified real-time system operation without the need for real-time telemetry and allows lower-cost receiver hardware to be used.
GNSS/INS post-processing allows for greatly reduced solution drift when operating with limited GNSS availability. Combining and smoothing the trajectories computed forwards and backward in time results in an improvement in the position, velocity and accuracy available over what is available in real-time.
Ask us about how NovAtel is transitioning to offer cost-effective automotive grade products in volume.
Inertial Explorer® (IE) maximizes the performance of your GNSS/INS hardware by ensuring you get the position, velocity and attitude accuracy your application requires. The tightly coupled integration of GNSS and IMU data delivers precise results, even when lower grade inertial sensors are used. IE can produce results suitable for demanding applications such as mobile mapping, aerial and hydrographic surveying. IMU data from high-end Fibre Optic Gyro (FOG) or Ring Laser Gyro (RLG) IMUs, and from lower grade sensor technology such as Micro Electrical Mechanical Systems (MEMS) can be processed.
- Full dual frequency GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo and QZSS support within a differential processor
- Dual frequency GPS, GLONASS and BeiDou supported in PPP processor
- Support for up to 32 base stations
- Attitude corrections are automatically applied for the effect of the deflections of the vertical using a geopotential model of the Earth based on EGM2008
- Loosely and tightly coupled GNSS/INS processing
- Boresight module for solving angular offsets between IMU and camera frames
- Easy integration with our SPAN® GNSS/INS products
- Streamlined Project Wizard for quick startup
- Single step GNSS and Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) processing for efficient workflow
- Built-in processing profiles for airborne, ground and marine projects
- Support for multiple base stations
- Precise Point Positioning (PPP) processing