FORT Robotics Safe Remote Control System
FORT Robotics’ Safe Remote Control System gives robot and equipment operators the ability to control their machines easily, safely, and with greater comfort. The remote operation provides extra safety, precision, and efficiency for many jobs that are dull, dirty, dangerous, or difficult to do without good visibility. The system interfaces with a wide range of equipment, from autonomous robots to mobile vehicles to fixed industrial equipment. Multipoint configuration opens up a world of possibilities for safety systems to fit any scenario–from mobile heavy equipment to autonomous systems and fixed industrial machinery. Multipoint Wireless E-Stop delivers comprehensive accident prevention and wireless mobility for the next level of personal protection.
SafetySense® Wireless Communication:
- Frequency bands include 900 MHz (2+ km LOS range) and 2.4 GHz (500+ m LOS range)
- Other frequency bands available
- Encryption available upon request
- CAN J1939, RS-232, and USB support for flexible system integration options
- USB interface for programming and configuration
- Designed to meet ISO 13849 Category 3 Performance Level d
- Second generation SafetySense® architecture for high reliability, no single point of failure safety implementation
- Dual wired emergency stop loop with active diagnostics
- Master enable relays for E-stop circuit integration or direct load control
- Internal Master enable fault detection
- IP66 (NEMA 4X) rated enclosure
- Enclosure size: 5.9”x3.2”x2.3”
- Embedded versions also available
- 9 VDC to 36 VDC power input
- -40℃ to 70℃ operation
- Multiple Connector Options
- Ecomate RM for Power, Estop I/O, RS232, and CAN interfaces, Sealed Mini-USB AB, and RP-SMA antenna connector
- MIL-DTL-38999 19 pin for Power, Estop I/O, RS232, and CAN interfaces, MIL-DTL-38999 6 pin for USB, and RP-SMA antenna connector
- Safety inputs from SRC, WES, or VSC bridge devices integrate over dual channel electrical safety circuit
- Standard control elements and optional status information integrate over a digital interface
- Easy to use software tool for system configuration
- Sample applications available to help accelerate software development
Wireless E-Stop Features
- 2+ km LOS range with 900 Mhz radio
- 500+m LOS range with a 2.4Ghz radio
- Designed to meet ISO 13849 PLd Cat 3
- Patented SafetySense® wireless safety technology
- Redundant monitoring hardware ensures no single point of failure
- 12-hour battery life; operates while charging
- IP65 rating for industrial use
- -20℃ to 60℃ operation
- Pairs with HRI’s Vehicle Safety Controller (receiver)
Pair multiple E-Stops to a single receiver, or control multiple devices with a single E-Stop transmitter. Flexible configuration options can be customized for any machine system, from AGVs and other autonomous systems to fixed industrial machinery and mobile heavy equipment.
- Multiple machines: Shut down multiple systems from one or more E-Stop locations.
- Multiple E-Stops: Equip technicians with mobile E-Stop buttons for next level PPE. Or, mount E-Stops in multiple locations for permanent shared access.
- Cohesive safety: Combine fixed and wireless E-Stops for seamless safety across all of your machine systems.
Wireless Remote Control Features
- Enclosure: 1.1 lbs. transmitter weight, textured rubber grips, intuitive shape.
- Inputs: Six proportional analog control and eight buttons; multiple operational mode capability means infinite channels can be created.
- Safety: Sensor-based safety features to eliminate unintentional and unsafe operation, built-in emergency stop, hardware-based system monitor uses medical device design to ensure no single point of failure.
- Wireless: Safety-focused proprietary wireless protocol, available in 900MHz, 2.4GHz, 1.3GHz, and other frequencies on request. Optional AES encryption. Up to 2km+ LOS wireless range. Custom configurations available.
- Ruggedization: Designed to IP66 and MIL-STD 810.
- Interfaces: Flexible options include RS-232 Serial, CAN, USB, and Analog/Digital I/O.
- Charging: 5-Volt DC power enables 8-hour battery life.