Autonomous Vehicle System Engineer
AutonomouStuff is looking for candidates with strong controls, autonomous systems, software and robotics backgrounds who are ready to change the world! As an Autonomous Vehicle System Engineer, you will be working with several departments within the AutonomouStuff family. Candidates will design and help oversee complex engineering projects for customers across the globe. This position will also have opportunities to test, troubleshoot and present their ideas both internally and externally.
AutonomouStuff offers a collaborative and dynamic workplace with opportunities for growth, innovation, and education into a new and exciting technology. We offer medical, dental and vision benefits, paid vacation and personal time, travel opportunity as well as a 401k plan with a generous company match structure. AutonomouStuff takes pride in our commitment to every employee; whether it be through our PTO package, company culture events, departmental outings, career path planning and more, AS supports our team.
If you are ready to begin a career you can be passionate about in an industry that is changing the world, please apply via the link below!
Candidates must apply via the iCIMS link provided. Email applications will not be reviewed. Thank you.
AutonomouStuff is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment; however, as a global company, AutonomouStuff is proud to offer job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at https://hexagonpositioning.com/careers.
- Be part of the initial meeting with clients to determine what they need in an autonomous driving research vehicle
- Work with our engineering team to design an autonomous system architecture that meets customer requirements
- Document the autonomous system architecture and development process. (This includes diagrams showing network connectivity and power distribution, diagrams explaining system integration into the vehicle, and technical descriptions of all system components and their roles in the autonomous system)
- Create development and test plans for all vehicle features that do not yet exist within the AutonomouStuff product portfolio
- Define acceptance criteria agreed to by the customer for final delivery
- Act as the technical lead for the customer, overseeing outputs from our sales and engineering departments
- Collaborate with our engineering department as well as product and project managers to ensure on time delivery
- Assess system function prior to formal verification and validation
- Enable the verification and validation team to test the vehicle vs. project SOW and acceptance criteria via documentation and system reviews
- Ensure all technical requirements and expectations from the customer are clear
- Continuously expand knowledge of autonomous system design and architecture, in order bring more value to customer using AutonomouStuff research vehicles
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Systems, Controls or Robotics
- Proven history leading a team in complex engineering projects
- Experience with autonomous systems
- Knowledge of Lidar and Radar products/systems, GNSS, Cameras, V2X, and High Performance Computers
- Substantial background working with real-time embedded systems
- Prior experience with software development in autonomous vehicles including ROS and Linux
- Aptitude for documenting system architecture, design, and requirements
- Strong communication skills and a desire to communicate with customers and team members from all departments (sales, marketing, project managers etc.)
- System Architecture design experience
- Firm understanding of vehicle electrical and networking systems (CAN, Ethernet, etc)
- Ability to quickly and creatively solve problems
- Self-motivated, organized, and caring about quality of deliverables to customers
- Must be a professional, motivated and dependable employee who is ready to contribute to a fast paced team
Apply for job online
- Master’s degree with a focus on Systems, Controls or Robotics. Masters preferred.
- 5+ years' experience in autonomous and/or ADAS automotive industry.
- Autonomous System Architecture background.
- Experience with safety critical systems is preferred but not required