The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) developed the cutting-edge Cooperative Automation Research Mobility Applications (CARMA) Platform to encourage collaboration with the goal of improving transportation efficiency and safety. FHWA is interested in advancing Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSMO) strategies with automated driving technology focused on how the infrastructure can move traffic more efficiently.
CARMA runs on our drive-by-wire platforms with the Autoware Kit.
Contact us for more information.
- Open Source
- Enables Automated Driving Systems (ADS) to facilitate cooperative tactical maneuvers with other vehicles and roadway infrastructure through communication.
- Developed to be vehicle and technology agnostic
- Enables the research and development of cooperative automated driving systems (CADS) capabilities to Transportation Systems Management and Operations
- Supports industry collaboration
- Expand on existing automation capabilities to reduce R&D time and advance cooperative automated driving technology