Principal Software Engineer
AutonomouStuff offers a collaborative and dynamic workplace with opportunities for growth, innovation, and education into a new and exciting technology. We offer medical, dental and vision benefits, paid vacation and personal time, travel opportunity as well as a 401k plan with a generous company match structure. AutonomouStuff takes pride in our commitment to every employee; whether it be through our PTO package, company culture events, departmental outings, career path planning and more, AS supports our team!
If you are ready to begin a career you can be passionate about in an industry that is changing the world, please apply via the link below!
Candidates must apply via the iCIMS link provided. Email applications will not be reviewed. Thank you.
AutonomouStuff is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment; however, as a global company, AutonomouStuff is proud to offer job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at https://hexagonpositioning.com/careers.
- Develop localization, perception, control, and visualization algorithms and software in C++ for deployment on autonomous vehicle platforms
- On-vehicle software/hardware integration, debugging, and troubleshooting
- Product and project collaboration with internal and external customers
- Customize existing software applications for specific customer requests
- Refine software applications for improved performance, latency, security, user experience, and fault tolerance
- Develop, maintain, and test hardware drivers for use with ROS
- Contribute to documentation, user manual, and training material creation
- Leverage standard software development tools such as colcon/catkin, Bazel, Jenkins, JIRA, and git
- Contribute code to relevant open source projects and collaborate with stakeholders of the projects
- Act as a technical mentor to others within the organization on internally developed software and relevant open source projects
- Keep up to date with technological developments in the industry
- On-vehicle testing of software releases
- Occasional travel may be required (less than 20%)
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Systems, Controls, Software, or Robotics
- Proven history developing software for complex engineering projects
- Track record of participation in the open-source community
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the autonomous and/or ADAS automotive industry.
- Knowledge of Lidar and Radar products/systems, GNSS, Cameras, V2X, and High-Performance Computers
- Prior experience with software development in autonomous vehicles including ROS and Linux, or similar
- Strong communication skills and a desire to communicate with customers and team members
- Ability to quickly and creatively solve problems
- Self-motivated, organized and takes pride in delivering high-quality solutions to customers
- Must be a professional and dependable employee who is ready to contribute to a fast-paced team
- Willing and able to pivot and re-prioritize from task to task as business and customer demand dictates
Apply for job online
- Master’s degree with a focus on Systems, Controls, Software or Robotics
- 15+ years of experience in the autonomous and/or ADAS automotive industry
- Experience with safety-critical systems is preferred but not required
- Direct experience working with Apollo, Autoware, or CARMA open-source software stacks