Mechanical Engineering Manager
AutonomouStuff is looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineering Manager as we expand our Engineering team in Morton, IL!
Our company offers a collaborative and dynamic workplace with opportunities for growth, innovation, and education into new and exciting technology. We offer medical, dental and vision benefits, paid vacation and personal time, travel opportunity as well as a 401k plan with a generous company match structure. AutonomouStuff takes pride in our commitment to every employee; whether it be through our PTO package, company culture events, departmental outings, career path planning and more, AS supports our team!
If you are ready to begin a career you can be passionate about in an industry that is changing the world, please apply via the link below!
Candidates must apply via the iCIMS link provided. Email applications will not be reviewed. Thank you.
- Work closely with our Product Development teams
- Manage communication between Engineers and Project Managers
- Oversee product documentation and drawings
- Manage BOM’s, ECN’s, Engineering Request forms
- Be responsible for quality assurance and industry regulations
- Manage projects – delegating assignments and communicating completion targets to maximize efficiency
- Create, implement and maintain and policies and procedures
- Provide feedback to improve designs and processes
- Oversee the engineering and build schedules
- Work with our suppliers for cost effective and timely shipments of necessary parts etc.
- Proficiency with CAD and CAE software and manufacturing equipment
- Ability to use CAD (Solidworks) software to create models and drawings of products and assemblies
- Proven history researching new materials and methods of development
- Experience organizing and maintaining existing engineering records
- Strong background in quality reporting and documentation
- Ability to provide sound technical advice
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A solid understanding for creating and maintaining documentation for specifications and procedures
- Must be a professional, motivated and dependable employee who is ready to contribute to a fast paced team!
Apply for job online
- Master’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, or Electrical)
- 5+ years systems engineering experience (highly technical cross functional, fast-paced teams)
- Direct experience working in the autonomous vehicle or automotive industry
- 5+ years managing large and small engineering teams in fast past environments