Mechanical Engineer I
AutonomouStuff is looking for entry to mid-level mechanical engineer(s) as we expand our Engineering team in Morton, IL!
As a member of our Mechanical Engineering team, you will be working with several departments within the AutonomouStuff family. Candidates will have the opportunity to develop prototypes to be used in real-world applications. Our MEs will also have the chance to build on their design and fabrication skills on a regular basis. The designs created within this team regularly become integral pieces of our company’s product lines.
AutonomouStuff offers a collaborative and dynamic workplace with opportunities for growth, innovation, and education into new and exciting technology. We offer medical, dental and vision benefits, paid vacation and personal time, travel opportunity as well as a 401k plan with a generous company match structure. AutonomouStuff takes pride in our commitment to every employee; whether it be through our PTO package, company culture events, departmental outings, career path planning and more, AS supports our team!
If you are ready to begin a career you can be passionate about in an industry that is changing the world, please apply via the link below!
Candidates must apply via the iCIMS link provided. Email applications will not be reviewed. Thank you.
- Use CAD (Solidworks) software to create models and drawings of products and assemblies
- Construct prototypes and confirm designs with design/purchasing team
- Perform physical testing on prototypes; analyzing and interpreting data
- Apply working knowledge of product design and assembly to the manufacturing process
- Design and develop harnesses, actuation, mounting and much more
- Work with other departments to meet company goals of developing new systems
- Develop systems to produce products at scale (low to high quantities)
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to standards and specifications
- Create assembly processes and procedures and efficient work sequences
- Develop standardized design criteria across all product lines
- Keep organized engineering records
- Bachelor's in Mechanical (or Electrical) Engineering
- 1-5 years of mechanical engineering and manufacturing experience
- Proficiency with CAD and CAE software and manufacturing equipment
- Prior experience initiating manufacturing process and procedures
- Ability to apply working knowledge of product design and assembly to the manufacturing process
- Proven history evaluating existing manufacturing processes to identify improvements
- High level problem solving and troubleshooting skills related to assembly design
- Experience developing; standardized design criteria across all product lines and electrical schematics and harness drawings in Solid Edge
- Understanding of R&D harnesses, knowledge of new products to implement in harness design
- Must be a professional, motivated and dependable employee who is ready to contribute to a fast paced team!
Apply for job online
- Master’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, or Electrical)
- 5+ years systems engineering experience (highly technical cross functional fast-paced teams)
- Direct experience working in the autonomous vehicle or automotive industry.